Cullin-la-ringo run, selection 68, 1877

Cullin-la-ringo run, selection 68, 1877. This map of the final selection of Cullin-la-ringo station, number 68, was ‘Applied for by the trustees of the late H.S. Wills’. The run was surveyed on 23 June 1877 after instructions from the trustees of Wills. Selection 67 joins this part of the run in the north-west corner. Marked with patches of trees and in open downs country, the south-east corner of this map shows a hut marked as ‘Broughton’s or Murdering Camp’, with an annotation that reads, ‘Murder of Wills and party of 19 souls by Blacks Oct 17th 1861’. Nearby, graves are marked on the map. Collection of the Queensland State Archives

Original scale: 
20 chains to an inch
Date captured: 
29 April 2011
Date created: 
29 April 2011
Date issued: 
23 June 1877
Queensland State Archives
Gindie, QLD
23° 43' 22.3572" S, 148° 8' 36.132" E